We are looking for an Optometrist for a care-driven practice.
- Perform comprehensive refraction
- Perform diagnostics routinely by screening for conditions such as Diabetic Retinopathy, Dry Eye Diseases and Glaucoma
- Provide personalized temporary and permanent solutions to Visual anomalies based subjectively on each case at hand
- Competent in therapeutics and prescribing eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Should be eloquent in advising patients on proper eye care techniques
- Keep updated and accurate medical records for all patients
- Book next appointments in cases where re-examination is required
- Perform contact lenses examinations and guide patients on lens care, wear, and removal and maintenance
- Refer to Ophthalmologists when necessary
- Additionally, Optometrists are often required to undertake retail and administration tasks within the clinic. This would usually include the supervising sales of eye wear products or eye-care products and management of retail-focused finances. Training and managing fellow staff members can also be part of the roles expected to be undertaken by fellow Optometrists.
- Work experience as an Optometrist
- In-depth understanding of eye conditions and vision defects
- Hands-on experience with eye examination tools, such as ophthalmoscope and tonometer
- Customer service oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- The ability to explain medical terms simply and calmly
- Attention to detail
- Updated with the latest evidence-based practice within Optometry
- Degree in Optometry
- Registered with an Optometric Council